Ahhh 2012. You were a good year. A year of learning, trial by fire, asking for what I want, and usually getting it. Not too shabby. My plan for 2013 is to continue to build my Etsy empire and do more freelance, as well as a few other surprises that I’ll reveal as the year ticks on! I don’t typically make a giant list of resolutions because I feel like I am always setting goals, but in the past I did resolve to quit biting my nails, and that did work. The thing I dislike the most about the new year is what happens to the gym (way crowded), but usually by February things have returned to more or less the normal crowd.
Love Noomi Rapace! See the rest of this Vogue Italia shoot here. This is how I’d like to be lounging for NYE.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.
Love that quote. Here’s to making the circumstances we want in 2013! Now here are some gems on making resolutions, or just generally improving oneself, to inspire your new year!
- Bazaar magazine’s Style Resolutions for 2013. Some good inspiration for closet editing and what people are looking forward to in 2013 fashion!
- A guide to applying false eyelashes, in case you have some planned for tonight!
- Some thoughts on personal finance goals for the new year, and how it’s good to be abnormal in America.
- Jezabel has some thoughts on the right and wrong ways women make resolutions. Spoiler alert, they don’t like being told how women think.
- Web MD has resolutions for being happy and healthy.
- Not resolutions, but some (harsh) points that will make you a better person.
- I was dubious that Refinery 29 could tell me how to be happy. I figured it would involve an $800 handbag. I was wrong. There are good tips here, from not giving yourself homework, to ditching the credit card.
- It’s inevitable — sometimes clients get their panties in a bunch. Here are 6 strategies for dealing, whatever the situation.