Hello sweet readers! This week has been crazy! I haven’t been able to accomplish everything on my to-do list, arg! I am working to stay on track though and get the most pressing things completed, because I have other people depending on me!
I have been trying really hard to think more “big picture” since the beginning of the year because I am normally a details person. As a result I have had to re-prioritize a little. I really feel like if I can keep it up, it’s going to help with everything, from my design work (including freelance), to running the Etsy store, keeping up with this blog, and doing social media management for the 18th St. Fashion Show again, which is shaping up to be bigger and better.
Vogue Italia January, shot by Steven Meisel. See the rest of this gorgeous shoot here.
Anyway, enough of my listing all the crap I need to do, before I resort to complaining. I am very grateful for everything I have and get to do. It’s going to be in the 60′s today in KC, before the bottom drops out over the weekend. I need to get outside! Before you do the same, here’s the fun stuff I’ve been obsessing over this week:
- Good tips for staying pretty when you travel.
- Animals get down to business.
- New H&M concept stores this Spring. Not in the U.S. initially, but I hope it happens, because their trendy yet affordable accessories are my favorite thing about them, but I am hopeful the clothes will be something different from their usual offerings too.
- Women often don’t feel comfortable negotiating, but Lifehacker has some great tips for negotiating salary, purchases, and more.
- Oh Taschen. Why must you tempt me with an insanely expensive special edition Ellen Von Unwerth book?
- Have you read your lingerie horoscope from the Lingerie Addict? Mine isn’t totally accurate but the lingerie for every sign is really pretty!
- Ways to try out a vintage look without a big money commitment. Smart ideas!
- I am OBSESSED with this Elyse Blazer from Alice and Olivia. I am sure this surprises no one!
Other things I love this week:
My husband wanting to go on bicycle rides (once the snow melts) • cats in bowties • my mom texting me a picture of the high heel tape dispenser she got me • bartenders who make special drinks to name after redheads • meeting talented new people • turning bad design into good • finding jeans that fit • researching a fun branding project • meetings over a delicious dinner • good work outs • fabulous things arriving in the mail