Tulips in my backyard.
It’s been FOREVER but I am finally back and blogging…at least semi-regularly. Between this, my booth at the antique mall and re-booting my Etsy, I’ll be doing my best to give my various endeavors outside full-time work the attention they deserve.
And since I am back, I think I’m due to share what beauty and skincare I’ve been using now that we’ve officially moved into spring.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O I was dubious of micellar waters at first. I’d tried some, but I wasn’t totally convinced I was getting clean. I recently realized that my skin isn’t as oily as it used to be, and maybe I didn’t need to wash with water in the morning. So I’ve been using this, and I have to say, my skin has been a lot calmer, less tight, and flaky, even though I am still using a prescription retinoid. The French seem to be pretty good at this skincare stuff.
- Coola SPF 30 RŌSILLIANCE™ BB+ CREAM LIGHT/MEDIUM A friend of mine from high school turned me on to this brand last year. She’s an esthetician and new mom and she knows her stuff because she always looks glowing and rested despite having a adorable little girl who’s just over a year old. I tried their natural finish for face, and love it, but recently I needed to repurchase and I upgraded to the BB Cream. This stuff looks dark in the bottle but goes on almost invisibly and just slightly luminous. Yet somehow it evens me out. It melts into the skin like a serum—I’m completely obsessed. Plus it’s physical sunscreen blockers (less irritating!), and it’s 70% organic. My sunscreen search may be over, at least for awhile!
- Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray I can’t even remember what I read that made me want to buy this, because I had to order it online the first time. But whatever it was, it was right. This stuff is hard to describe, but it’s 100% necessary once it gets humid enough that I can’t bare to pick up the hair dryer. This perfects my air dried and curling iron enhanced waves, giving me texture and just enough hold without being crunchy. I can still run my hands through it. On 2nd or 3rd day hair it keeps me from looking oily. Sometimes I don’t even need any dry shampoo. This stuff is truly magic. AND I was so excited to repurchase at a local Sephora last week. Instant gratification!!!
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Cremé in Cora Cora This isn’t actually new to me, but I’d put it away for winter in favor of more traditional reds. Now it’s made its triumphant return to the rotation. Depending on what color of liner I use, it can go more red or more coral. Or, I can dab it on with a finger as a stain that will last through an afternoon of meetings with no touchups.
- Cosmedica Hyaluronic Acid Serum I am typically wary of beauty products on Amazon, though I am guilty of indulging in the random K Beauty item, with mostly positive results. I can’t remember how I came across this serum, but I was impressed by the reviews and the price. I ordered a bottle in anticipation of warmer weather, and I am so glad I did! This is really a gel, and it sinks into the skin quickly. No bells or whistles, just a good, simple moisturizer, with a sane price tag.
Are you using anything new you want to gush about? Leave a comment!
The opinions here are really my own! I was not compensated for including any of these products in this post.